Re: [AD] Patch for performance issues in i386 blitters

> Or the bus speed (PCI?).

I know my test machine is a bit outdated, but it is not a dinosaur ;-) Hence
AGP like everyone else (x2 probably). But this could indeed be the
bottleneck.

> I'll do it some time this week (unless you get to it first).

Ok.

> I also wanted to add some code to check if the source or dest bitmaps
> are memory bitmaps, and thus we can save the calls to READ|WRITE_BANK
> altogether.

Then do some measurement before, we probably don't want to slow down (too
much ?) blitting operations to video bitmaps in order to speed up blitting
operations to memory bitmaps.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx