Re: [AD] Patch for performance issues in i386 blitters

Esaelon@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Attached are diffs which fix a few minor performance issues in the x86 blitters: stack misalignment and unnecessary operation size prefixes. Changes are not expected to negatively impact any target CPU, as overall code structure remains intact.

Seems to work for me. Here are my results:

Athlon XP 1800+, WinXP, GeForce 3
320x200x8 DirectDraw accelerated.

       BMS   BMSA  MBMS
Mean: +2.3% +2.4%  +1.5%

I haven't had the time to test the other combinations, but the code looks solid. Can someone confirm that the patch works under Linux and BeOS?

If there are no objections, I'll commit it next week-end.