Re: [AD] Allegro on Sparc

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 06:48:42PM +0200, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> > [...] They're SUN (Ultra)Sparc's running Solaris 8 and Allegro compiled
> > out of the box without any problems and programs ran fine. [...]
>
> Nice. What should the Allegro web page say then: works under UltraSparc
> or under Solaris 8?  I ask because I don't know about any of them.

I think it should say something like works on SUN Sparc. The fact that the
machine in question is an Ultra doesn't really say much - it'll run on a
sparc 4 (though these things are awfully slow). In fact, it also worked
without recompiling on a few servers I tested on. One is a dual-processor
Ultra sparc, the other says it's a SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000, whatever that
means.
IIRC, Solaris is UNIX, so I don't think saying it works on Solaris says
anything over that it works under UNIX.
Oh, one thing though, but this is due to the way the system is set up: I
had te call gnu make as gmake.

--
Evert Glebbeek
e-mail: eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx