Re: [AD] subbitmap issues

On May 11, 2002 06:01 pm, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2002-05-09, Lennart Steinke <steinke@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Peter, could you also assert if x,y  are >= w,h of the parent?
>
> This is what I feel like doing for 4.2.  For 4.0, I'd like to put
> in the ASSERTs, but leave the if's as they are for compatibility.
> Objections?

no objections. I've started to check most, if not all my functions
the same way. I'm not sure theres a HUGE speedup, but knowing where
exactly a function is called wrong really helps development time.

In my current project (12000 lines...) for the first half I didn't
once have a place to test the functionality untill the core parts
were in place. It used to be that I'd spend hours (if not days)
debugging such code, but It took all of 20 minutes to ferret out all
the problems with ASSERTS everywhere.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx