Re: [AD] X closing deadlock

> I don't use Allegro on Windows much, and I don't think I've seen the bug
> before. You should probably elaborate a bit :-)

The close button is handled by the window thread, which can't call
allegro_exit() because the function waits precisely for the window thread to
terminate... So we end up using the brute force approach and calling
ExitProcess(). This works when Allegro is statically linked but may freeze the
app when Allegro is dynamically linked, probably because calling ExitProcess()
from a DLL is not safe according to the Platform SDK.

I tried a handful of hacks in order to make this latter approach work, but I
now wonder whether I shouldn't simply sit at my keyboard and try the former,
instead of miserably complaining ;-)

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx