RE: [AD] al_find* in Unix

Title: RE: [AD] al_find* in Unix

> > If you call `al_findfirst' without FA_RDONLY and run as root, files
> > owned by non-root won't be matched (which is strange
> because root can
> > write to everything).  This was reported by "Ceniza" on #allegro.
> > Patch attached.
>
> Applied to trunk and branch.

And I came upon a related oddity this weekend.
I call file_exists with FA_DIREC with ".valkin2", and it tells me
it doesn't. Tracing, it happens because it would want me to request
FA_HIDDEN.
I'd expect all directories to be listed with FA_DIREC. Is this
something intended, or should it be fixed ?
The best way would probably to pass two sets of attributes, one
containing the bits we *want* in the matched files, and another
one containing the bits we do *not* want in the matched files.
This would, however, break compatibility.

Cheers

--
Vincent Penquerc'h