Re: [AD] [LNX] About the ALSA 0.5.0 drivers

> I'm currently working on a new ALSA RawMIDI driver for ALSA 0.9.0.
> I have no way to test/code for ALSA 0.5.0, does anyone use the old alsa
> drivers? Woul'd it be a problem If I removed them?

Yes, backward compatibility is important. Moreover, QNX uses ALSA 0.5.x as its sound
architecture.

> IMO now that ALSA (0.9.0) has been included in the linux kernel we should
> probably move to 0.9.0.

In 2.5.4 or something like that, right ? It won't be in widespread use before at least 2
years, will it ?

> If anyone still wants 0.5 (for good reasons) I've already laid some ground
> work for supporting both 0.5 and 0.9.

That's absolutely necessary I think.

--
Eric Botcazou