Re: [AD] set_window_name

On 2002-04-20, Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono <_lano_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to implement a set_window_name function under X ¹, and i'm
> searching for a function that does it under X... but i never used Xlibs,
> and i can't find it... :/

This is what you want (xwin.c:1863)

   /* Set hints.  */
   hint.res_name = _xwin.application_name;
   hint.res_class = _xwin.application_class;
   XSetClassHint(_xwin.display, _xwin.window, &hint);

> maybe i could do a func. that changes this entry:
>    XWIN_DEFAULT_APPLICATION_NAME,       /* application_name */
> in the struct:
> struct _xwin_type _xwin =
> hoping that it gets called before set_gfx_mode?

You can set it afterwards too (methinks).

> ¹ does this make sense in other windowed platforms?

Even if it does, different systems will have different conventions, so
if it were to be added, I'd make it X11-specific.