Re: [AD] Proposal for new magic main (2)

> OTOH, we need an easy way to allow programs to compile with both 4.0
> and 4.2.

All is in the definition of 'easy' :-)
The deal could simply be: you can remove END_OF_MAIN() but you must conform to the standard
main() prototype.

> Is the following recipe too hard?  Putting argc, argv into
> `allegro_init' would make it easier for this common case, but if you
> call `allegro_init' from outside `main' you're out of luck.

How often does this happen ? 10% of all Allegro programs ? Either way, we should emphasize
the use of install_allegro().

>    int main(int argc, char *argv[])
>    {
>    #if (ALLEGRO_VERSION == 4) && (ALLEGRO_SUB_VERSION == 0)
>       allegro_init();
>    #else
>       allegro_init(argc, argv);
>    #endif