Re: [AD] Mini-synchronization API proposal for 4.1.x

> I think this mini-API is long overdue because most ports now use threads.
> It could be useful for the users, as well as internally in order to
> synchronize parts of the platform-independent code (especially timers).

Take 2 is attached. I got rid of the 'locked' field and finally reverted to
my first idea, i.e using an API similar to both Win32-threads and Pthreads
because:
- for once the two worlds agree, let's try not to create a third one,
- the implementation is lighter, with one less indirection level,
- less prone to heap memory corruption.

Compiled under DJGPP and Mingw32.

--
Eric Botcazou