RE: [AD] Proposal: set_rgb_mode

Title: RE: [AD] Proposal: set_rgb_mode

> Do you also plan to make later calls to set_gfx_mode() prefer
> the given order? Is this possible? Anyway, I like the idea. I
> think it should even be allowed to set an rgb order other than
> screen's when a graphics mode is set (so drawing to screen
> would look wrong until you changed back, but you can
> communicate with other libraries).

And would help with internal effect code; I have some which assumes
RGB (or I think it so assumes).
Another possibility, but this is getting esoteric, would be to put
the shifts in the vtable, and create gfx vtables on the fly, then
select them as the "current" one for functions that do not operate
directly on a BITMAP. Probably useless though :) And I'm not sure
many operations working with colors don't work on BITMAPs except
for the makecol/get[rgba] family. Sorry, was just thinking aloud.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h