Re: [AD] [LNX] Allegro and popen()

On 2002-03-07, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On March 7, 2002 11:43 pm, you wrote:
> > Allegro doens't work well with others...
> > I've been trying to use popen to get the output of another program... but
> > once allegro_init() is called popen just hangs.
>
> I just found that turning off pthreads makes the problem go away.

Thanks for the report.

It looks like it's not our fault though.  Attached is a non-Allegro
example that suffers from the same problem.  The `popen' hang appears
to happen when a thread is started from a function that is located in
a dynamically linked library.  Unless there is some magic command-line
option that will fix it?

(To run the program, you'll have to ``export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.'')