[no subject]

> The first is in d_menu_proc, and causes MENUs to be drawn 1
> pixel off the position given in the DIALOG struct, as well
> as using wrong values for the maximum width and height.

Note that the 'width' and 'height' fields of the dialog object are meant to
be minimum values for d_menu_proc(). But I agree that the actual positions
are wrong and the dimensions should include the whole object.

> The second causes all menus to be drawn one pixel too wide,
> and one pixel too high.

Because of the 'underlining' bottom and right lines ?

> The attached patch fixes both. Interestingly, grabber already
> uses the right values, so the patch actually fixes it instead
> of breaking it. I guess the same applies to all other
> programs using the GUI but who were not aware of these 2
> glitches.

Yes, I think all programs (implicitly) assume the 'include the whole object'
semantics.

Your patch looks good to me, except one little thing: try to follow the
original formatting rules (no spaces in expressions in this case). The rules
may not be the most sensible ones, but I think we should try to enforce
consistency in this matter too (private message: Peter, see how fast I
learnt ;-)

> I also made a patch for allegro._tx now to clarify that paragraph in the
> docs about my changes.

Ok too, except two minor things:
- I would say that 'Menus had been' is more appropriate here, but English is
not my mother tongue so...
- 'until version 4.1.0': the plan is to make no API change in the 4.0.x
series.

It came to my attention that you have CVS write access, so would you mind to
commit both patches yourself (mainline only) ?

It would also be nice to add a line about these changes in the newly created
docs/src/api._tx file.

Thanks in advance.

--
Eric Botcazou