Re: R: R: R: [AD] Allegro 5 new config routines, alpha 1

On 2002-02-11, Sven Sandberg <svsa1977@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What makes me want to restrict the use of config variables is that
> things like current color depth and gfx_capabilities are likely to be
> used often, in time-critical situations, and from assembler, in which
> case I think it would be better to keep them in variables or simple
> inline functions.
> Even if people don't agree with my point of view, I think at least we
> should agree on where to draw the line.

For function arguments, I think a simple starting point would be to
keep stuff that are "suggestions" in the config system, and use
arguments for the rest.  Thus, colour depth and update method would be
passed to `set_gfx_mode', but refresh rate would go in the config
system.

I'll stay out of the way for the other stuff :-)