Re: [AD] Allegro 5 new config routines, alpha 2

Elias Pschernig wrote:

[snip]

Maybe it would also be useful to have the first parameter be a path, much
like the current config routines work with the section name? E.g. if I want
to store some variables in a user program, let's say "musicvol" and
"highscore", and I want them to appear under "/user/" or maybe even under
"/<program name>/ - then I have to create a temporary string and construct
the complete name everytime the variables are accessed.

I thought about that too, but then, wouldn't *every* path start with "/"? Instead of absolute, we should make it relative to the root. That's one less character to compare for in the hash function :)

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)