R: R: [AD] Config routines, alpha 5

> This has the advantage of exposing hash values to the user,
> so they can cache
> them locally if they intend to do some intensive I/O on a
> specific location.

Exposing the user the hash code for a given key isn't a good idea at
all! Several keys could collide onto the same hash entry, and dealing
with collisions is a task made by the current read_entry/write_entry
functions, which are static and should not be accessed by an external
program.
What could be done would be to let the user to keep track of the
ENTRY_DATA for a given (often accessed) function, but this can already
be done by using an hook and storing the ENTRY_DATA parameter it
receives...

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx