Re: [AD] Makedoc patch

I haven't really been keeping up on this, but if it's of any value:

I'm working on a dynamic database-driven Allegro manual that will have user
comments, examples, see-alsos, and all that good stuff. To me the simplest
approach would be for the manual maintainers to use an online web interface.
It would be simple to coordinate efforts and allow for quick updates. I
could allow the manual to be downloaded in TXT , HTML format, etc.

I don't particularly like the current way Allegro handles documentation -
although it serves its purpose. I think the documentation should be separate
download anyway, and perhaps would be updated more frequently if it were a
seperate entity. I'm willing to build whatever tools are needed if anyone
thinks storing the 'official' docs in a database with flexible XML / HTML /
TXT / ETC extraction methods is the way to go. I'm all for having a nice,
elaborate documentation - people won't use what they don't understand.

The php version of the allegro.cc site, which is due by the end of the
month, already has the basics done - including quick doc links, such as
http://allegro.cc/?blit. (Not active yet, so don't bother clicking...)

--
Matthew Leverton - matthew@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.allegro.cc