[AD] [WIN] DirectSound AC97 fault

None of the Allegro DirectSound drivers work with my
AC97 onboard sound (this is quite a common
soundsystem), I get an error messagebox from the sound
driver on init, then there is no sound in the allegro
app (tested demogame, others), I am using latest
drivers (68MU220a). The WaveOut drivers DO work, but
have to be selected (allegro will not set them on
DIGI_AUTODETECT). Other DirectSound stuff (MIDAS, my
own games, commercial stuff etc) DOES work perfectly.
I tested Allegro 4.0.0 and 3.9.30 both fail on
DirectSound and allegmixdirectsound.