Re: [AD] Xwin system bitmaps?

On January 4, 2002 09:39 pm, you wrote:
> Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Ok... What about a shared memory Ximage BITMAP type? ;)
>
> AFAICS, they will not be faster than regular BITMAPs.  There are no
> functions for copying between XImages, so copying from shm XImage to
> screen XImage will have to be done by pixels.  Only if screen is
> write-only, we may just XPutImage from XImage to Window.
>
> Unfortunately, I could not find any complete example of using shared
> memory Pixmaps in real programs.

The only kindof related example would be a lot of video players, that use
XvShmPutImage which is almost identical to XPutImage. (I belive they use the
same args... not sure though)

maybe a write only screen can be added to the pile of usefull features being
discussed for  the new allegro...

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx