Re: [AD] Proposal to kill non-UTF-8 support

> Yeah. I don't think the Unicode people expected anywhere near how
> many unusual character sets they would be asked to include!
But Klingon was rejected recently, although Egyptian hieroglyphics are in.

On a serious note, isn't UTF-8 the most troublesome of all because of the
variable length and potential to be >32 bits?.  I would guess (without
knowledge) that UCS-4 at least is easy or even necessary as a stage in
conversions.