From: Vincent Penquerc'h [mailto:Vincent.Penquerch@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 10:23 AM
To: 'conductors@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [AD] SWITCH_PAUSE and SIGALRM

When switching out in SWITCH_PAUSE mode, the timer is exited, but not the
"background manager", but this is this "background manager" that uses the
first_time variable, which tells the timer how much time has passed since
last call. Since the SWITCH_PAUSE mode should pause the timers (and *NOT*
call them repeatedly on switching back in), I propose to reset first_time
to TRUE in sigalrm_timer_init. I did not provide a patch doing that, as I
do not know much the innards of the Unix/Linux system code, so I'd prefer
that someone knowledgeable about it ponders the question, and see if this
change would break anything else ...
--
Vincent Penquerc'h