Re: [AD] problems making Allegro for bcc32

> If I remove the redirection to nul (why does it hide error messages
> like that, btw?),

Because I was fed up with the Borland command line tools that can't help
displaying their splash lines, so I used the '-q' option for the compiler
and the linker. Unfortunately, the library archiver and the resource
compiler don't understand this option (great example of consistency !) so I
put a '>nul' redirection for them, and for the 'copy' commands in the
process. Probably a mistake.

> it says that the contents of the target got lost
> before copying. So it seems better to do
>
>    copy _allegro.def lib\bcc32\allegro.def _allegr2.def
>
> and then use _allegr2.def instead of _allegro.def.

Right.

> However, for some reason which I don't understand, make fails whenever it
> reaches a copy command, or any other command that is built-in in dos'
> shell.

I had the same problems when I was using Mingw32's make on top of DJGPP
Bash.

> Patch attached, but it may be wrong since I don't understand how it
> could work earlier.

Why ? Just because of the 'copy' issue ?

> (Even I have got it to work earlier, but that was windows 95+4dos, and now
> it's windows 98+msdos, so maybe there's some difference in the shells?
> What platform have other people used?)

Win95 OSR2, BC++ 5.5.1, DJGPP make, command.com for me.

> Also, it's not complete in the sense that it uses backwards slashes as
> path separator, but djgpp's tools understand those (I'm not sure about
> unix-like shells for dos though).

I've reworked it a little (as well as the two other Windows makefiles).
Could you test the modified patch ?
http://www.multimania.com/ebotcazou/dev/makefile_win3.zip

--
Eric Botcazou