Re: [AD] Proposal to kill non-UTF-8 support

> Therefore proposal #2: Get rid of set_uformat().

So internally the library works in UTF-8, whatever encoding format the user
is using ?

> Then all strings are expected to be UTF-8, but other encodings and
> convertors still exist for interacting with the Real World.

...half of which talks 16-bit Unicode, not UTF-8.

> I don't think it creates any new problems and it'll help us lazy people
> who hate uconvert_ascii().

And move the burden from the Allegro developer (or add-on writer) to the
user ! As an Allegro developer, I can't really complain ;-) but...

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx