Re: [AD] Release Candidate 2

>On 2001-12-04, Laurence Withers <lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have a patch for two small changes in the documentation. One notes
>> that `allegro_init()' is a macro (in case anyone tries to take its
>> address); the other points out that you can use the unicode routines
>> before you call install_allegro().
>
>In RC2.  BTW, is that really Allegro policy (that you can use Unicode
>routines before allegro_init)?

Policy - I don't know. But I looked at the source code, and unicode.c is
pretty much totally isolated from the rest of the library. You can use
all of the unicode functions without calling anything first. Also, I
think it is usual to call set_uformat(...) before installing Allegro.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx
                http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/