Re: [AD] 4.0 release candidate 1

Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Windows DLLs are now named all40.dll, alld40.dll, allp40.dll
> (instead of all400.dll ...).  I think this is the right thing, but I'm
> not sure.

That depends... Since we now have to maintain ABI for the 4 series of
Allegro, the name of the dlls should stay the same for all ABI compatible
dlls. So *if* we decide 4.1.x should have the same ABI as 4.0.x the names
should be all-4.dll, allp-4.dll and alld-4.dll or so. However I think it
would be wise to use major+minor suffixes on the dlls (all-40.dll etc.),
since it gives us the opportunity to add or remove things from the API on a
regular basis.

BTW. you remembered to do: rm misc/dllsyms; misc/fixdll --update-symbol-list
before zipup right? (note: dllsyms should not be removed/regenerated for
stable releases other than the first.)

> Eric, was there no better way to fix makedoc.c for BCC?  Now makedoc.c
> depends on Allegro's headers.

yuk!

> Don't touch the tree.

Following the guidelines from Genesis 2:17 and 1:31. Of course! :o)
Good luck, Peter!

Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
E-mail: hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx  Homepage: http://hstokset.n3.net