[AD] My API related proposals . . .

I would like to see support for many more varied display
output configurations (e.g. multiple windows, overlays, that
sort of thing) and have written an API proposal for such things.
It wouldn't be the tiniest change in the world and would strictly
disagree with Shawn's comments :

-----
"Make it use the hardware acceleration on my new
SuperFastPowerful card"
This is a REALLY BAD IDEA.
-----

Since overlays are a relatively new feature of hardware
accelerators (last three or four years), but I'm sure that isn't
the sense in which Shawn meant his comments to be taken.
Anyway, if you can read around awful text formatting, then
you can learn my thoughts are here :

http://www.t.harte.btinternet.co.uk/apiproposal.txt

Of course I should point out that I'm new here, I've never
much liked the Allegro API (my favourite examples :
clear/bmp_select/create_bitmap), and I don't know much
about the internals of Allegro, so don't think twice if my ideas
are only worthy of instant dismissal.

-Thomas
Free Email - http://www.lycos.co.uk
Get your domain for Ј9.90 - http://lycos.uk.domainnames.com/default.asp?caller=lycos_ef