Re: [AD] Possible new features for Allegro?

RE: [AD] Possible new features for Allegro?From: Vincent Penquerc'h
>> Since we're already using LZSS code in the file compression and
>> decompression routines, perhaps these could be brought into play for
>> lossless compression.
>
>Do you mean to have compressed bitmaps in memory ? In which
>case the blit function would decompress little chunks on the
>fly while drawing ?

Exactly.  Yes, this would be slow, but for a level backdrop, performance
should be fine.  A game like Ultimate Steroids, which uses a different
backdrop for each level, or any Tetris clone which uses backdrops, would be
a good example.

--Chris