Re: [AD] [LNX] Mode-X and threads and mouse

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 11:51:24PM +1100, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2001-12-02, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I can't think of anything better, so here's a proposed patch.
> >
> > It's already better because you re-drop the root privileges.
> > But what of the other threads ? Can the _bg_man_pthread not call user code ?
>
> I'm not sure about the question.  _bg_man_pthread can call user code
> if the user registers a function using the bg_man internal API.

I cringe when I see the words "bg_man internal API"... :)

It was meant to be a sort of internal API, but the way I
implemented it was really flawed, so it can't work seamlessly if
more than one thing registers a background function with it.
(Unless you've fixed that since then...?)

George