[AD] DOS vs Unix format

I inadvertently inverted the Unix->DOS format change Peter applied to
misc/fixdll.bat just before the 4.0.0 release, although I only applied a
2-line patch to my local CVS copy before commiting it to the repository. I
suppose somehow or other my CVS client (Win32) hadn't updated its copy of
the file.

Hence my question: what's the rationale for still maintaining multiple text
encoding formats in the CVS repository, given that we have the fix utility ?
Why the DOS format and not the Mac format then ?

That's really a pain under Windows because the CVS client expects the CVS
repository to be in Unix format, so it adds the missing CR to all files,
*including* to those already in DOS format, leading to uneditable files with
CR/CR/LF terminated lines.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx