Re: [AD] Proposal for first step towards new api

Javier González wrote:

[snip]

* And last but not least permit either packfiles to manage memory buffers or
let the load_pcx, load_wav and souch routines to load from memory (VERY
useful when reading from own "archive" formats) like al_load_pcx_from_mem()
or whatever

Actually, I'd rather have PACKFILE *p = al_pack_mopen(buffer, size) instead. Then we don't need special memory versions of every function, we just need to have special packfile versions of them.

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)