Re: [AD] gcc 3.x workaround.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 06:10:46PM +0100, Henrik Stokseth wrote:
> On Friday 30 November 2001 18:01, Sven Sandberg wrote:
>
> > Henrik Stokseth wrote:
> > > i have removed all instances of -fomit-frame-pointer optimalisations
> >
> > Perhaps we can add a makefile variable to explicitly turn on
> > -fomit-frame-pointer? Then only people who know what they're doing will
> > use it.
>
> it already exists. it's called $(TARGET_OPTS)... i put it there for users so
> they can easily tweak allegro's optimalisations. it defaults to:
> -O2 -funroll-loops -ffast-math
>
> am i foreseeing or what? :o)

What about a mmxtest-like solution for platforms that don't
support configure scripts?  It could be as simple as testing the
gcc version and warning the user if their version required that
switch to be turned off; alternatively, the program could modify
an included makefile and rerun make automatically.

George