[AD] install_param_int_ex() doesn't work :(

I'm porting Allegro to Poly/ML, an implementation of the functional programming language ML. I can basically do everything except pass function pointers (unless I have an appropriate C function for the purpose). So, with networm's help, I created a dll containing a simple function:

void ml_handler(void *param)
{
  (*(int *)param)++;
}

Spent all night trying to figure out what I'd done wrong, eventually wrote a C program to test it and got someone to compile it (since I can't easily compile C programs at the moment - I have to use a communal computer for all my Internet access), and found that install_param_int_ex() doesn't work - the callback never gets called.

I'm not sure if this is an MSVC or MinGW DLL - it's whatever whitedoor sent me. It's Allegro 3.9.40 CVS from a few weeks ago, optimised version.

I had a brief look through the source, but I'm not really able to debug stuff at the moment without going back to my room (I'm at uni). So I was wondering - does anyone feel like investigating? :)

Thank you,

- entheh