Re: [AD] Bugs in modesel.c

> > theorically could be excanged this way
> > #define BPP_08    0
> > #define BPP_15    1
> > without any effect. instead if u change them the behaviour
> > *seems* to become normal.
>
> it's already the 'right' way. you must have changed it by accident.

i thought that. then i updated cvs and it re-downloaded a version of
modesel.c with the wrong way. please check it (ok maybe my cvs is buggy,
never know...)

and moreover the problem is that IMO the defines should be done in a way
that if u change its number, the program doesn't break. this happens
if the program uses only defines, and not uses normal indexes where he
could use defines. (ok i'm not clear i hope u understand anyway :P

> > 2)it says that *all* gfx mode are supported for gfx drivers that
> > instead shouldn't work at all.
>
> supported drivers to list only valid selections, for gfx drivers where
> mode-lists are not supported a list of common (and not so common) modes is

ok, but the problem appears even with completely unsupported video modes.
for example i have no vbeaf driver, and it should be aware of this, but it
lists anyway all the modes. it instead should list none.

> no comment. :o)

ok :) but maybe we should reconsider these routines...
i'll look more deeply at them when gfxinfo will be ok and committed.

"Americans need the telephone, but we don't. We have enough mailmen."
    Sir William Preece, head engeneer of the British Mail, 1876

 - Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono -          / /|       /^___ \
Real Name: Lorenzo Petrone         / / /      / /L_/ /
e-mail: _lano_@xxxxxxxxxx          / / /      /  ___-°/
irc.azzurra.org #lano            / /_/__    /  /|__-°
digilander.iol.it/lano666       /______/|  /__/ /