Re: [AD] X shutdown sequence

On November 23, 2001 06:04 pm, you wrote:
> On 21 Nov 2001, Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I knew it was too stinky to be true :-)  Here's a better patch.
>
> Committed.  It fixed SET's problem with closing programs under X.
> Tom, can you see if the CVS version fixes your shutdown problem?

I can't seem to get that error on shut down :)
But one other one while running any app that
uses allegro through a shared object.

XIO:  fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server ":0.0"
      after 64 requests (61 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Heres the simplest I could get it:

/* mod-test.c -> mod-test.so
	gcc -Wall -ggdb mod-test.c -o mod-test.so -shared `allegro-config --libs`
*/
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <allegro.h>

int main() {
	allegro_init();
	set_color_depth(16);
	set_gfx_mode(GFX_XWINDOWS, 640, 480, 0, 0);
	while(1) { clear(screen); }
	exit(0);
}
END_OF_MAIN();

/* mod_test.c -> mod_test
	gcc -Wall -ggdb mod_test.c -o mod_test -ldl
*/
#include <dlfcn.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <string.h>

int main()
{
	void *dl = dlopen("./mod-test.so", RTLD_NOW|RTLD_GLOBAL);
	int (*dl_main)();
	if(!dl) {
		printf("error: %s\n", strerror(errno));
		exit(0);
	}

	dl_main = dlsym(dl, "main");
	if(!dl_main) {
		printf("error: %s\n", strerror(errno));
		dlclose(dl);
		exit(0);
	}

	dl_main();

	exit(0);
}

It seems to me that which ever action succeded failed. ;)
Also I get the same results with the Full screen XWIN driver
and DGA2.

This really bites. I have two semi usefull programs that use allegro this
way, my Virtual machine which triggers the problem all the time and the
xine-lib allegro driver, but it only triggers the error once in a while.

hmm.. about the xine-lib driver... I have ONE .asf file (a real crappy
capture of DBZ) that plays without stuttering.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx