Re: [AD] [WIN] pageflip needs fixing before 4.0

At 15:38 31/10/01 -0000, Robin Burrows wrote:
>I was
>thinking of writing a framework C file that does all the initing of gfx,
>timers etc and users just include it in their project, along with their C
>files and this framework will call gameinit() then gameloop() at intervals
>set by the user (say 100hz, and would pageflip/tripbuf/double buf
>automatically) until gameloop() returns -1 then call gameexit(). This would
>solve a lot of problems allegro coders make for themselves, but I only want
>to do this if there is a good chance it will be put in the Allegro library
>distro.

Are you suggesting what I'm thinking? If so, then I for one am against such
functionality to be part of Allegro.
I actually have such a framework in place and it gets reused in about every
(new) program I write, as well as some things to automate several update
methods (including dirty rectangles as well), but I wouldn't want similar
functionality in Allegro.

Evert