Re: [AD] Allegro & Win XP & DJGPP

Andrew Cottrell wrote:

> Just a note to let people know that Graphics works under Win XP with Allegro
> 3.9.40 and DJGPP CVS 2.04 snapshots.
> > Sound does not work on my PC as the sound card is PCI based and there are no
> legacy drivers for Allegeo to find/use.
> > Andrew
> > There exists a program called VDM Sound that is a "sound driver" for DOS
for Windows 2000/XP.  It works with anycard.  What it does is emulates a
SB16 in DOS and then uses normal Windows sound, so any sound card can
use it.

I have not installed or used it myself because I have no DOS apps, but
to me it appears to be mature (it is in version 2.0.4, and has been
around since WinNT).

http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound/

Gillius