[AD] 3.9.40 report

I had no problem installing this following the Dev-Cpp instructions in
readme.mgw. There are a few things though (all minor).

Mingw-1.0.1-20010726.tar.gz is no longer the newest version.

==========from readme.mgw:
   In the same manner we can also enter one of the following lines to
   build either the debug or the profiling version of the library:

   SET DEBUGMODE=1
   SET PROFILEMODE=1

To me, it could look like you should type one of these, how about:

   If you want to build either the debug or the profiling version of the
library
   enter one of the following, skip them to build the release (default)
version:

   SET DEBUGMODE=1
   SET PROFILEMODE=1
============

The DevCpp example perhaps should have:
      #include <allegro.h>
(as should all the examples in the examples folder, there is no reason they
shouldn't as the library should be installed before building the examples).
I hate to think how many people copy allegro.h to their C source folder
because of this...

Do you need the ';' after END_OF_MAIN() ? I never bother with it.

============
   You now need to tell Dev-C++ that you'd like to make a program
   that uses Allegro. For that, go in the Project Options screen
   (Project/Project Options menu), then click on "Load Object Files".
   You need to select the file called liballeg.a (of liballd.a for
   the debug mode); the file should be in C:\Dev-Cpp\lib. Notice
   it's a .a file, and not a .o file, so you'll need to get the file
   dialog to show all files.

This is all a bit long winded? How about:

   You now need to tell Dev-C++ that you'd like to make a program
   that uses Allegro. For that, go in the Project Options screen
   (Project/Project Options menu), then enter -lalleg (or -lalld for
   the debug mode) in the box under 'Further object file or linker options'.

I'm glad to see the docs are going to have a .txt extension for 4.0 too.