Re: [AD] to prefix or not to prefix (sigh)

> Firstly, here is why I think 4.0 should be unprefixed: As we all know,
> the last stable release was 3.x, and limited to DOS.  For people such
> as myself, we want our old code continue to work without any changes,
> even semi-automated changes.

I totally agree: if we don't provide a 3.x-compatible stable release, we'll
lose the DJGPP users of Allegro. I don't know if there are still many of
them but I think we shouldn't forget the DJGPP legacy.

> * 5.0: The API will be the same as 4.0, but with prefixes.  It would
> be released "not long" after 4.0.  Consider this a stepping
> stone.

I think Bertrand's exegesis gives the right way to go: the feature freeze
must be held until the prefixed version is released.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx