Re: [AD] Suggestions

Shawn Hargreaves wrote:

[snip]

(wish: it would be nice if the tab character didn't exist,
files were all stored as spaces, and it was up to the text
editor to provide a good user interface for editing indents
while the underlying data was always raw spaces. That way you
could use whatever convention you liked for your own files
while still being sure that other people's would display
as they indentended).

Isn't there an option in indent to convert all tabs to X spaces?

Why couldn't we use that instead of the current complicated mess? ;)

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)