Re: [AD] to prefix or not to prefix (sigh)

> Well, while I don't mean they aren't to be slammed :), I think the lib

:)

> should not be stiffled (trendy word...) by existing code. Where there
> can be compatibility layers, it's fine. If there can't be, well, tough.
> Rotting code is sad, but I'd rather see good new code start on good
> basis than old code live longer but new code use unfixed basis.
> But, then, it's only my very personal point of view.

that's right: to good way is to mantain compatibility as long as
possible, and throw away only when the useless stuff is too much.
it's bad breaking everything everytime, but it's also bad having
lot of slowing and useless code only to mantain compatibility w/
*so old* programs...

"We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."
                                        The Borg, Star Trek

 - Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono -          / /|       /^___ \
Real Name: Lorenzo Petrone         / / /      / /L_/ /
e-mail: _lano_@xxxxxxxxxx          / / /      /  ___-°/
irc.azzurra.net #lano            / /_/__    /  /|__-°
digilander.iol.it/lano666       /______/|  /__/ /