Re: [AD] sonames

On October 16, 2001 05:57 pm, you wrote:
> Non-Unix people can skip this.
>
> Now that the next WIP is going to be beta, we should actually have
> sonames for our libs :-) I'm thinking of the following simple system:
>
> `liballegro.so.39' for the remainder of the 3.9.x series (just one!)
> `liballegro.so.40' for the entire 4.0.x series
> etc.
>
> The high numbers seem to be unconventional, but that's about it.
> What have the Debian packages been using?

should it not look a little more like:

liballegro.so.3.9.39
liballegro.so.4.0.0
liballegro.so.4.0.1
etc...

where:
liballegro.so    -> link to newest major ver (liballegro.so.3/4)
liballegro.so.3 -> link to newest release in the 3.*
liballegro.so.4 -> link to newest stable release in the 4.*

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx