Re: [AD] official beta (Re namespace again)

On 26 Oct 2001, Martijn Versteegh <m.versteegh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Vincent Penquerc'h wrote:
>
> >I think it is irrealistic to believe that there will be only one
> >WIP between the feature freeze and the release.
> I couldn't agree more. IMHO all wips after the feature freeze could be called
> 'official beta'. Maybe they should be labeled like that to attract more testing?

3.9.40 will be the "official beta".  If something is really badly
broken, we can have more betas.  That's how it's been done before.

Remember, we can fix stuff *after* 4.0.0.  We just can't break the
API/ABI.  Maybe we will release 4.0.1 a week after 4.0.0, but I don't
think it really matters.  The API will be set in stone and people
won't be afraid to try it.