[AD] Misc. issues related to WIP 3.9.38

Sorry, I should have checked before the WIP was released, but I didn't get
round to doing it; anyway, everyone who'se contributed something to Allegro
is supposed to be in the THANKS file, right? I'm not in it, although my
contributions are mentioned in the CHANGES file. Not that I think this is
particularly important, but for the sake of completeness...

Then I also have a question. I just noticed that (in Windows) when I start
an Allegro program, it opens a console window before opening the
application window. Is this normal? I never noticed because I usually start
my programs from the command line directly. I'm using MinGW as a compiler.
--
Evert Glebbeek, Physics student
Faculty of science, University of Amsterdam