[AD] Proposal for Allegro's future (namespaces, et al.)

This is my proposal for Allegro's future:

 - we don't change the API (ie. no prefixes)
 - perhaps we do something about clear(), since it stops us using
   ncurses, which is very unfortunate.
 - we don't add new stuff (GUI skins, 3D graphics stuff), but we do add
   new implementations (new drivers, optimised routines, et al).

Then, if some people are so inclined :-), they can implement
AllegroZilla, which would:

 - use the Allegro library, but on compilation, all symbols would be
   renamed via preprocessor defines, to implement prefixes.
 - have lots of new stuff (GUI skins, etc).
 - merge in AllegroGL
 - change broken API stuff (6-bit palettes, maybe others)

And then people can choose between Allegro and AllegroZilla, and
everyone will be happy.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx