Re: [AD] Color convertors

> I see Windows was designed with the convenience of the programmers in
> mind :D

Windows wasn't designed to allow direct access to VRAM, but DirectX now
allows it.

> So the main thread will need to be suspended?

It is already suspended when the system asks the windowed driver to repaint
a portion of the screen.

> Seriously though, if Allegro is to be used to make other things than games
> (and it is!), then it should play nice with the host OS.

Changing the color depth of the desktop is not a very common operation.
But I agree.

> It's not a priority though.

Actually I already gave it a try some time ago but I stopped because I found
(and I still think so) that the expected benefit is not worth the amount of
modifications and new code it requires.

---
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx