Re: [AD] [TODO] About findfirst

> I was tempted to answer opendir and friends as an alternative for
> finfirst/findnext, since it is standard (POSIX), but I checked on
> MSDN and ((not) surprisingly) MSVC does not have them :)

The emulated find* set of functions relies on opendir(), readdir(),
and closedir(). Thus we have for Unixes:

API level                 for_each_file(),  file_size(), file_time()

abstraction layer    _al_findfirst(), _al_findnext(), _al_findclose()

platform-dep level 2  emulated findfirst(), findnext(), findclose()

platform-dep level 1   opendir(), readdir(), closedir()

Pretty nice stack :-)

---
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx