Re: [AD] dos close button support.

On 19 Jul 2001, Ben Davis <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There was a lot of discussion a while ago about what the default action
> should be on different platforms, and we also discussed whether to implement
> the close hook in the DOS port then. We concluded with "DOS is DOS, and
> should not interfere with Windows systems" or some such position, and
> someone made a comment about Linux programs' being able to detect when
> they're running under emulation on Linux, or the other way round (man I'll
> feel dumb when someone tells me how wrong I am :-P ).

Allegro can tell if it is running under DOSEMU under Linux (i.e. a
DOS-in-a-box under Linux).  I don't see what that's got to do with
anything.  It's just like we can detect if we're running in a
DOS-in-a-box under Windows 3.1, Windows 95, etc.

> 2. Put a note in the docs somewhere about why it wasn't implemented. I would
> suggest the FAQ, but developers are even more lazy than beginners when it
> comes to reading that...

It's not functionality most people (i.e. me) would expect anyway.
DOS is DOS.

> > Yuck.  IMHO, it's simply unnecessary.
>
> Writing games is "unnecessary"... ;-)

Your opinion, not mine..

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/
KEDOPHOBIA (ked oh FO be uh), n.  The fear of having one's sneakers eaten