Re: [AD] de fourium pointium ohium

On 10 Jul 2001, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I propose December 10, 2001 as the release date: exactly 4 years
> (Oh My God ! (tm)) after the 3.0 release, according to the most recent file
> in the alleg30.zip archive.

Cool :-)

> The last showstopper bug for the Windows port (new joysticks not properly
> working) was supposedly fixed in the latest WIP release. It would be nice to
> have a DirectInput-based joystick driver, but I don't think that's really
> mandatory. And ideally we could make sure that the 4.0 version runs right
> out of the box under Windows XP.

Does the fixed joystick driver fix those USB-related problems?

> > We need to also cut down on big changes.  Easier said than done (see
> > especially 3.9.37, and there's more pending)
>
> Really (apart from your pthread timer for Unixes) ?

- unified colour conversion
- X11 dirty lines (might be faster)

Neither are mandatory, but I almost can't help myself from coding
them (especially the second).  Hmm, I guess that's about all, which
is much better than I thought.

There are also patches still waiting from almost the start of the
year.  I'll make a separate post about that next.

> The only big one I can see is the timer/thread API. I think we ought
> to quickly make a decision about it.

Someone list some alternatives, quick!

> > I think it would help if there was a new section in `todo.txt'
> > called "Definitely After 4.0", and all new features (and most of the
> > current things in the "Wishlist") would go in there.
>
> Why not rather use a [4.0] tag for the "required" todo items ?

Will do.