Re: [AD] Expansion to fix.sh, and slight change to makefile.dj

Laurence Withers <lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have two patches. The first one autodetects bash and, if found, uses
>unix tools (rm, cp et al. as opposed to copy and del or whatever), since
>if bash is run straight from Windows, copy and del don't work.

Does this work even if make is not started from bash? The previous
autodetection only worked when bash was already running, but IIRC make uses
bash if it finds it in /bin/sh or the path...

>The second patch expands fix.sh so that it now supports the options
>--warn (turns on WARNMODE=1 in the makefile), --i586 (turns on
>PENTIUMONLY=1 in the makefile) and --i686 (turns on I686ONLY=1 in the
>makefile). It is also very easy to add other important options, should
>we need them.

honestly i don't think this is useful enough to justify having it in the fix
scripts, what's the problem with setting a few environment variables before
you run make? i know old fixdjgpp.bat had this kind of functionality, so if
there is a demand for it i could fix your patch, add the same to fix.bat and
commit it.

-henrik