[AD] Allegro DOS - digital audio core, instability under Win9X

I've traced down the line where a DJGPP program using the Allegro digital
audio core first has instability - the last line of _dma_start(), when a DMA
channel is enabled. I cannot, for the life of me, determine WHY the DMA
channel enable would cause instability. I have not yet been able to trace it
down to anything in the DMA init code, or anything else... and comparing the
DMA init I/O with non-Allegro DJGPP program's DMA setup, I can find virtually
no difference...

Charles Bilyue'